Known as the “Silicon Slopes,” Utah has been an emerging force in the tech industry and is considered one of the top ten states for tech jobs, boasting well-established companies and startups such as Adobe, Domo, Facebook, BambooHR, BILL, and many more.
Utah’s competitive business landscape has also produced a healthy sector of digital marketing and SEO companies, which have proven their success in providing excellent marketing and search engine optimization services for local businesses and many more from across the country. This begs the question: Is Utah becoming the ‘capital of SEO,’ and should your business look to work with an experienced Utah SEO company?
In the article below, we will detail the purpose and importance of SEO as a whole, how it impacts business growth and success, how you can find a reliable company for SEO services, whether Utah has become the capital of SEO, and much more.
What is SEO?
SEO, also known as Search Engine Optimization, is the process of optimizing a business’s website to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs).
It involves making changes to a website’s content, structure, and HTML code to make it more attractive to search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
SEO aims to improve a website’s visibility in search results and increase its organic traffic so that a business can expand its online presence, reach more potential customers, and thus increase sales and revenue.
The Importance of Search Engine Optimization & Digital Marketing
While marketing outside the online space has its significance, the increasing presence of the Internet in our everyday lives has made it vital for businesses to invest in digital marketing. As a result, search engine optimization, and thus search engine marketing, are enormously important as well, and for several reasons.
First, utilizing SEO allows companies to reach their target audience effectively. More specifically, it helps ensure the customers most interested in their product or service are aware of their brand.
In addition, search engine optimization also helps raise a company’s online visibility, making it easier for customers to reach them, whether they are seeking to learn more about their brand, purchase a product off their website, or subscribe to a service they offer.
Secondly, quality SEO efforts ensure a business’s website or mobile application gains organic traffic, which is the number of naturally occurring visitors to a site through unpaid channels. The more traffic a website receives, the more potential customers and revenue a company can obtain.
One last reason that SEO is so important is that it is among the most proven strategies for cost-effective marketing. With the right digital marketing strategy in place — often set by a talented SEO agency — a company will increase its reach with its ideal customers while spending fewer resources than other forms of marketing and providing an excellent return on investment.
SEO is an increasingly important aspect of business today, with Utah SEO companies becoming among the leading firms in the industry. If your business wants to grow and thrive through effective SEO and digital marketing management, consider working with a prolific Utah SEO agency like Searchbloom.
Types of SEO
There are numerous types of SEO that digital marketing teams and SEO service companies consider for their businesses or their clients. Some exist as categories of SEO themselves, while others are individual components that support the whole of a company’s SEO efforts. Below, we list and define key SEO types:
|On-page SEO involves improving the key aspects of a website that search engines interact with and the previous and new customers who will visit it.
The basis of quality on-page SEO strategies is accurate and relevant keyword research using robust SEO tools to find search terms that search engines favor when included in the key elements of a website.
Elements such as the site’s title tags, meta descriptions, URL structure, images, and content are essential to on-page SEO.
|Unlike on-page SEO, off-page SEO is about raising a website’s search engine rankings by maximizing characteristics outside of it.
This involved external digital marketing efforts such as social media marketing, quality link-building, online ad campaigns, and more.
While this may require spending time and resources on social media management, social ads, and partner and press networking, this form of SEO substantially increases a website’s domain authority and relevance, attracting the attention of search engines and potential customers alike.
|This form of SEO is related to on-page SEO but is more focused on the technical aspects of the website that search engine bots will crawl through and index to determine how easy it is for users to access and navigate.
This type focuses on web design, page load times, proper search crawl configuration, mobile-friendly site optimization, and continual maintenance against site errors such as dead links and unused pages.
|Another type of SEO that falls under on-page SEO is Content SEO. This type focuses explicitly on optimizing all forms of content within a website.
Forms of content include copywriting, photos, graphic images, and audio and video files. These pieces of content should all be unique, relevant, and valuable to potential customers for them to best support SEO efforts in raising a business website’s search engine rankings.
|A type of technical SEO, mobile SEO has become incredibly vital for businesses to maintain. It involves ensuring their website or mobile app provides an optimal user experience, particularly on mobile devices.
As a standard, it requires a page speed, site structure, and visual style that are consistent with the website when accessed on a desktop but are also made easily accessible for mobile users.
|This type of SEO focuses on optimizing a site based on localized keyword research. Its purpose is to raise the search engine rankings for the websites of regional or local businesses to draw the attention of customers within the area.
Local SEO is often used by small businesses such as restaurants, boutique clothing stores, and other shops looking to expand their brand awareness and online presence.
|Similar to local SEO, national SEO’s goal is to optimize a website using keywords and phrases that provide search engine rankings that will ensure its online presence will reach across the country. This is often for national brands that are well-known and are competing for customers within a single country.
|A step above national SEO, international SEO is mostly garnered toward world-famous brands like Coca-Cola and McDonald’s, which are good examples as their business spans multiple countries and continents. It focuses on optimizing a website so that search engines can identify which countries a business is targetting and the specific languages they use as they expand their business internationally.
Altogether, the above list conveys all the different types of SEO that well-established SEO companies like Searchbloom must retain expertise in to provide the best search engine optimization services possible.
What are SEO Services?
SEO services are a set of offerings that an SEO agency may provide in an effort to optimize their clients’ websites for search engines. These services help ensure a business’s website increases its unpaid, organic traffic, thus raising the number of leads and conversions it generates.
By increasing leads and conversions, an SEO agency essentially helps a company increase the number of customers it has reached and, potentially, the amount of revenue its website earns them over time.
Ultimately, a search engine marketing company provides SEO services in order to help another business grow and succeed.
What Types of SEO Services Are There?
An agency will provide numerous SEO services to its clients at any given time, each serving its own purpose but forming a cohesive SEO strategy. We previously mentioned some of the main categories of SEO services, such as on-page and off-page SEO and technical SEO, but there are also additional services like analytics, reporting, and SEO consultation. Beneath those are several more specific SEO services, which we detail below:
On-Page SEO Services
- Keyword Research – This essential SEO service focuses on identifying search terms that are relevant to a company’s product or service and also have a high search volume on search engines so that they may be added to their site’s content for high search engine rankings.
- Content Optimization & Creation – This service involves producing valuable content for potential customers and optimizing a website’s content to support higher search engine rankings.
- Internal Linking – This SEO service is focused on making sure a company’s website is appropriately interlinked, mainly so that it is easier for search engines to crawl and index its web pages but also to help make it easier for users to navigate.
Technical SEO Services
- Site Speed Optimization – This type of technical SEO service involves speeding up page load times through a number of optimization techniques performed in the website’s backend.
- Mobile Optimization – This service involves checking and updating a website and its pages to ensure it is mobile-friendly.
- XML Sitemap Updating – This specific service focuses on regularly updating a website’s XML sitemap: an organized file of its most essential pages. Keeping it up-to-date ensures search engines can easily find newly added pages.
Off-Page SEO Services
- Link Building – This SEO service involves connecting with other websites and getting them to add inbound links for pages on a business’s website, boosting its authority and increasing its search engine rankings.
- Guest Blogging – This SEO service is closely associated with link building, as it involves finding opportunities to write articles for other websites, which helps build authority for a business’s site and provides additional backlinks.
- Social Media Marketing – This service involves managing and creating content on various social media platforms connected to a business’s website, leveraging each new channel to amplify its web presence.
Analytics & Reporting
In addition to on-page, off-page, and technical SEO services, an SEO agency will also regularly perform services that involve tracking a company website’s analytics and providing reports detailing its performance as a result of search engine optimization efforts, along with recommendations on how to improve further. Here are a few particular SEO analytics and reporting services to consider:
- Rank Tracking – This involves monitoring the keywords a client website ranks for in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Conversion Tracking – This service similarly monitors how much website traffic develops into conversions and, thus, how well a website contributes to a client’s goals.
- Competitor Analysis – An essential service that involves utilizing various SEO tools to track and assess competitors’ websites compared to their clients. This results in developing potential SEO strategies.
Another service category many search engine marketing companies offer is continuous SEO consulting services. In addition to all those provided above, a team of expert SEO specialists like those at Searchbloom will also utilize their vast experience in conjunction with analytics data to provide regular updates on how effective their clients’ websites are and ways to improve their current SEO efforts.
- SEO Audits – This service involves SEO experts evaluating a client’s website and its current performance. They will then update their client on the state of their website’s SEO and possible ways to improve it.
- SEO Strategy Development – This form of SEO consultation concentrates on developing a comprehensive SEO strategy based on a client’s goals and objectives and tailoring it to match or exceed the standards of their industry.
Search engine optimization and the many SEO services marketing agencies provide are fundamental aspects of the modern business landscape. Efforts toward it require committing an incredible amount of resources that many companies simply don’t have, which is why many work with a trusted SEO agency. While some may tend to work with more local SEO agencies, it may not always pan out.
Instead, work with a search engine marketing firm with a proven track record of achieving success in providing Utah SEO services while maintaining a high standard of trustworthiness and transparent communication — consider working with Searchbloom, the most trusted and transparent search engine marketing agency in the industry.
What Leads to Hiring an SEO Company?
Now, with an understanding of what SEO is and how a search engine marketing agency provides it, the next question is, what issues lead a business to hire an SEO company?
It is vital for businesses to understand why they would need to hire an SEO agency so they have a clear idea of what kind of agency they’re looking for and what it specializes in.
Below, we list some common challenges and issues that incite companies to hire a search engine or digital marketing agency:
The Issues That Lead to Hiring a Digital Marketing Agency
Consistently Poor Results
A company may take it upon itself to execute its own SEO marketing efforts, only to find then they lead to poor results, such as a low or stagnant search engine ranking or poor organic traffic.
As a result, they may need assistance from a team of SEO experts. Acting as a third party, the right agency can determine what mistakes in their client’s current strategy led to poor results. Thereby helping them develop a more successful one.
A Lack of In-House Expertise
Another issue is that a company simply lacks in-house SEO experts to ensure their marketing strategies are optimized for the highest chance of success. This is natural, as most companies focus on providing their customers with the best products or services.
By hiring a team of search engine optimization specialists, businesses can continue to do just that while also growing and thriving through the online leads and conversions their trusted SEO agency wins for them.
Time & Resource Constraints
Companies often lack more than expertise — they also have very little time and resources to properly engage in SEO marketing efforts to expand their online presence effectively. Fortunately, that is why the SEO services industry exists.
Hiring an SEO agency is known to be a far more cost-effective alternative to building and maintaining an in-house marketing team. In addition, an established Utah SEO company like Seachbloom lives and breathes digital marketing, ensuring the companies they work with succeed and gain optimal returns on their investment.
Finally, a worst-case scenario that may lead a company to seek assistance from a digital marketing or SEO agency is that previous online marketing efforts have resulted in a negative ROI. This means their current SEO strategy has proven so ineffective that it has led to the company taking on losses.
If this occurs, finding and working with a team of dependable SEO specialists with a strong track record of helping companies succeed through effective online marketing strategies may be necessary. They can help enhance a company’s unsuccessful strategy so that they can recover their losses and thrive beyond them.
Finding a reliable SEO company can be challenging but also worthwhile, as the right agency can help fill crucial gaps in a business’s marketing necessities while also inducing exponential growth in sales and revenue.
How to Find a Reliable SEO Company
To find one, businesses must first understand what to look for in a trustworthy SEO agency and where to set their expectations. Here are some signs to look for in a dependable and established SEO company:
- Values transparent communication – Among the best practices an SEO agency can demonstrate is consistent and transparent communication with their clients. If you discover an agency known for providing clear explanations about its practices and has a reputation for being honest and straightforward with those it works with, it is a strong sign that it is a company worth partnering with.
- Holds a strong track record – Another great sign is if the SEO company in mind has a long and persistent track record of success with other businesses, consistently delivering positive results such as increased organic traffic and higher conversion rates for a large majority of their partners.
- Maintains ethical practices – Another simple but excellent sign to look for in an SEO company is honesty in how they communicate and do business with and for the companies that hire them. Honest SEO agencies won’t offer inflexible, long-term contracts, nor will they engage in black-hat practices that could result in penalties from search engines.
- Produces quality content – Solid SEO companies produce high-quality content, not only for their client but for their own websites as well. Businesses can somewhat determine the quality of an SEO service provider’s content by checking out their website or blog. They may be the right choice if their web pages and blog articles contain valuable information and have an impressive web design.
- Takes a client/partner-focused approach – A truly reliable SEO company will be thorough with the companies they work with, treating each one as a unique business that requires an SEO strategy tailored to their needs and goals and their industry, personal preference, and style. It will also employ a team that takes time to understand a company’s industry, audience, and competition, knowing the business they are working with front and back.
These are a few common traits to look for in a reputable SEO company. By carefully considering them, a company will increase its chances of hiring an agency that will improve its website’s visibility, enhance its current SEO strategies, or develop new ones that will quickly achieve beneficial results.
The Benefits of Working with a Good SEO Company
Once a business finds a worthwhile SEO agency to work with, it will begin to discover the many benefits of achieving a more prominent and consistent online presence. They will also find relief in working with a team of digital marketing professionals who want to support their growth and success. Below, we detail some more specific benefits a business receives when working with a trusted SEO company:
Improved Rankings on Search Engines
Among the primary benefits of working with a dedicated search engine marketing agency are drastic improvements in search engine rankings for a business’s website. In today’s digital world, ranking high in the SERPs of an industry’s most relevant keywords keeps a company competitive and customer-facing, no matter where they are.
By ensuring their website stays high across search engines, a worthwhile SEO company gives the businesses they work with increased visibility online, producing more organic traffic and potential customers.
Another substantial advantage of working with a solid SEO agency is that their efforts involve capturing the specific audience looking for their client’s particular service or product. They do this by working with their clients to construct precise profiles of their ideal customers and their potential desires and pain points.
The agency will then hone its SEO strategy to target potential customers who would most likely search for and purchase their client’s service or product. This will result in website traffic more likely to produce a steady revenue stream for the client’s business.
Yet another perk companies get from working with a reliable SEO company is that they work with marketing professionals who will know what SEO techniques best fit their budget and needs while also producing the highest possible ROI.
They will audit a business’s website to see what aspects of its performance could be improved in order to provide the highest impact on its SEO results. They will then recommend strategies that scale with the business, ensuring no wasted resources and that their efforts produce positive returns, such as more traffic, high leads, and greater revenue.
Better, More Up-to-Date Web Design
Another asset in partnering with a trusted search engine or digital marketing agency is that it can help a business’s online presence catch up with the latest trends in web design. Many companies are still falling behind in crucial ways, with websites that contain one too many pages that are not mobile-friendly or have less than optimal loading speeds, resulting in them losing potential customers due to poor user experience.
A team of SEO experts will improve these technical aspects of a website through their knowledge and familiarity with the latest features and techniques, allowing them to create a more fluid and enjoyable user experience. They will also help optimize content, ensuring their client’s website achieves positive SEO results and a high ROI.
Comprehensive Digital Marketing Services
Finally, one of the biggest benefits of working with a dependable team of SEO experts is that they will provide an array of diverse and effective SEO services, ensuring their clients receive a unique, custom-fit strategy that is made to achieve their specific goals and preferences.
Overall, an SEO company with a solid track record of reliability and experience will provide the above benefits and more for the businesses that work with them. Partnering with one is a long-term investment that can lead to unbridled success for your company.
What are the Costs of a Dependable SEO Company?
Several varying factors go into the price of hiring a quality SEO agency. While the costs can be negotiated and scaled according to each client’s needs, it’s important to understand what specific elements can influence the final price. Here are a few known factors that play into the cost of hiring an SEO company:
- Size – The size of an SEO company is a substantial factor in the overall cost of its service, partly because it has significantly more resources to put toward a client’s campaign.
- Location – The location of an SEO company is also a strong factor in its service prices, as the local cost of living will affect its operating costs. Compared to other agencies located in more dense urban centers, SEO companies in Utah offer an advantage in this area.
- Specialty – Another factor in an SEO company’s price is the particular specialty services it provides more comprehensively than others. Some may focus on technical SEO and UX design, while others are target content or search engine marketing. The more complex and sophisticated the specialty, the higher the cost.
- Experience – The length of time a company has been running, along with the size of its current or previous clients, also affects the price of its services. In-depth knowledge and experience often mean greater skill and ability where it counts, which often results in a higher price.
- Project Scope – The scope of a given campaign or project that a client requires is another strong factor in an SEO company’s service cost. If a campaign requires layers of content creation, website optimization, and off-page SEO strategies, it will require more investment from the SEO team and the company that hires them.
- Competition – The competitiveness of a potential client’s industry may also affect cost, as highly competitive industries require more resources and effort to achieve and maintain top rankings.
These are just some of the factors that go into the cost of hiring an SEO company, though the details may differ between one digital marketing agency and another. A business needs to discuss them with prospective SEO providers. In addition, remember to set appropriate expectations as well, as a well-executed SEO strategy is worth investing in for its long-term benefits.
Is Utah the Capital of SEO?
While today’s digital landscape can make it difficult to say whether or not there is a major center of all SEO, we can take an estimated guess by indicating where there is a high amount of activity regarding the tech industry — and there are few other places more active in that field than Utah. Below are some compelling reasons why Utah is the capital of SEO:
Utah Has Grown a Booming Tech Industry
Utah’s tech industry landscape continues to boom, becoming a significant contributor to the state’s economy, with the Beehive State containing more than just beautiful landscapes beside bustling cities like Salt Lake City.
It is also a fast-emerging hotspot for innovation with a thriving tech community referred to as the “Silicon Slopes’, mirroring the renowned Silicon Valley. These tech hubs are home to large-scale companies and small, innovative start-ups.
In order to thrive both locally and nationally, these companies will need the assistance and expertise of Utah SEO specialists, who will help provide effective strategies for expanding their online presence and creating a sustainable flow of traffic and revenue.
The success and growth of one industry thus fuels that of another, which is why Utah may be on the fast track to becoming the new capital of SEO.
Utah Has a Growing Number of Tech Workers
In addition, this tech boom involves a broad spectrum of industries, from software development to aerospace technology. Utah’s vibrant startup scene has thus attracted a large concentration of tech-savvy workers from across the country.
This develops an environment of creativity and innovation and gives rise to many successful companies filled with technical professionals who have experience with national brands such as Google, Domo, and BambooHR.
Among them may be Utah SEO companies, which will have experts in vital search engine optimization practices such as keyword research, link building, site auditing, analytics tracking, and more.
Another essential facet is that these companies will offer Utah SEO services while employing professionals who have worked for top tech companies like Google and Microsoft, proving that the accumulation of talent and experience in the Beehive State may potentially make Utah the new capital of SEO.
Successful Businesses Need A Reliable Utah SEO Company
As a result of the state’s growing tech economy, another industry grows to fulfill the marketing needs of these advanced technology companies: Utah SEO services.
The numerous companies in Utah’s growing tech sector understand the value of search engine marketing and are willing to invest in SEO, thus turning the state into fertile ground for many new and established SEO agencies.
By becoming part of the state’s gradual but assuring tech boom, these SEO companies can then grow further and deliver their expertise to other regions, states, and perhaps even throughout the country, essentially making the state a central hub for all SEO services, and hence, the capital of SEO.
Work with the Top SEO Company in Utah: Searchbloom
If you are looking for top-notch search engine marketing services, look no further than Searchbloom. With us, your company will be working with seasoned Utah SEO specialists with years of experience in producing successful SEO strategies for businesses across a wide variety of industries.
Our transparent and focused approach when working with our partners sets us apart from other digital agencies. We are committed to building lasting relationships through open and honest communication and strategies that are sure to yield successful returns.
We not only serve local Utah SEO services for fellow businesses in the Beehive State — we will also engage with companies looking to expand and become national brands, helping to increase brand awareness and boost online lead generation through our national SEO services.
If you are looking for an honest and established marketing agency with decades of expertise and experience to back it up, reach out to Searchbloom today and find out how our Utah SEO experts can help your business thrive online. Contact us at (801)590-4051 or sign up for a free analysis of your website’s performance today.